This week has been interesting! So many things have happened that have made me so grateful for what I have. I have also been taught a few lessons.
1) We need to surround ourselves with good people. As we associate with good people, we are inclined to become better ourselves. I am so grateful for those good people in my life you lift me up. Many of them I am striving to be better just because of who they are.
2) The next lesson is the importance of testimony. It is a rock that can hold us down with things are thrown at us. I had an experience that happened this week. A few friends and I met this man who told us that the prophet will always lead us astray and that we can't base our thoughts on the church on feelings that we have..
This man was wrong..
I know the prophet is an inspired man, called of God
And will never lead us down a wrong path.
I know that if we obey all he says and follow his teachings we are only following our Savior.
I know that the church is true because I have felt it..
The gospel is perfect.
It's that simple.
The church is absolutely true.
3) Lesson 3.. I have attended a lecture on the constitution the past few weeks..
What an inspired document.
Our Heavenly Father had a huge part in creating it.
This country was made for us!
I am so thankful to be an American.
I am thankful for the freedoms I enjoy.
I love the truths and principles about the constitution that I have been learning
4) God is aware of us.. This past Monday we were supposed to go to Star Valley to Jordan's dad's funeral. Monday morning Michelle's dad called her and begged her and us not to go.
We decided not to go. Then another friend texted me cautioning us to be careful, he too was relieved when we told him we were not going.
I am glad I never found out why we were not supposed to go.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who watches out for me.
5) A thought from the confidence lecture: It is not confidence but jealousy that binds us down.
Such a true principle!
When we have the confidence in something it is then we excel, however we we doubt those little jealousies creep in and we live in doubt and not faith.
It is though the faith and confidence we have in ourselves that allow us to grow and better our lives.