Sunday, April 25, 2010

Service

Today in gospel principles we discussed service.
There are two types of service..
The first is service in general,
this is the kind of service that we do, just because someone needs something.
The second is Christlike service.
This type requires love.
We need to serve because of the love we need to have for those around us.
Service has been something I have really been trying to make a part of my life.
Today we talked about how service can be a lifestyle.
I hope someday to be the type of person that service is just a part of who I am.
I am grateful for service and how it impacts each of our lives.
I have had the opportunity to serve and to be served.
Each time a serve I know that I am blessed.
Recently a few of my most favorite people made me a small scrapbook.
Each of them wrote a little note to me.
It was so amazing.
I am so grateful to be around such amazing people.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes on service:
"The road to success is not crowded. Because while most are looking for ways to take, the truly successful people are finding ways to give. With a giving attitude, every situation is an opportunity for success." - Unknown
I believe the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish—and in effect save their lives. - President Thomas S. Monson
Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others. -Barbara Bush
Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves. -Helen Keller

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." -Gandhi
CHALLENGE: This week take a moment to serve someone
It really is the little acts of kindness
that bring us close our Savior.

No comments: